You can now continuously play with your friends in a group by creating tournaments! This step by step guide will guide you on how to create a group and set up a tournament with matches you desire.
You can also edit existing tournaments by adding more upcoming games to it!
1. Creating a group
- Go to the group's page (bottom menu leftmost icon) and click on the "Create Group" element.
- Give your group a name.
- Give your group a face by uploading an image. (Optional)
- Invite your friends! You can quickly select your friends who are already on Knipster. You can also copy or send a personalised link to those friends who are not on Knipster yet.
Or Joining a group
- Go to the group's page.
- Click the "Discover Public Groups" element to see all the public groups available on Knipster.
- You can also ask a group's admin to add you to his or her private group.
2. Assigning others as admins
- Only group admins can create tournaments and invite new people to the group.
- The group creator will be the admin by default, but other group members can be assigned as admins as well.
- Click the group info button located on the group's header to access the group's settings and information.
- Click on any member in the member's section and you will be prompted to assign this group as an admin.
3. Creating a tournament (Group Admins Only)
- Click "Create New Tournament" to enter the tournament creation section.
- Give your new tournament a name, or keep our suggested name.
- Set an entry fee.
- Select any matches you wish to include in your tournament. You can add all available matches to the tournament and combine matches of all competitions featured on Knipster.
- If your schedule includes one or more live matches, the scoring will start 5 Minutes after you created or edited the tournament. This guarantees a fair chance for all users to submit on time.
- All members of the group are automatically invited to participate in the tournament.
3.1 Edit Tournament
- Once a tournament is created, you can keep adding more upcoming games to it as they become available on Knipster.
- You can simply click the tournament's three-dot menu located on the top right corner of the tournament element.
- Click Edit Tournament
- Add as many games as you wish to keep the competition going!
- Remember! You can only edit a tournament as long as there is one upcoming left to play.
4. Participating in a tournament
- To participate in a tournament, you have to submit a 5-player lineup for each match.
5. Submitting your lineup
- To submit a lineup, simply enter a tournament and go to the "Matches" section.
- Click on a match to be taken to the team selection where you can pick your five player line-up and submit it.
- The only rule of picking your players is that you can only include one star player in your lineup!
- The team selection will display players with different icons regarding their status. To find out more about the team selection click on the info button or go to our support page, here, to learn more.
- You can always change your lineup as long as the match has not kicked off! To substitute a player, go back to the Team Selection and remove the player by clicking the x button on his jersey; you can then proceed to pick a new player.
- Remember! You can submit your team at any moment before the match's final whistle.
6. Racking up points
- Your lineup's performance will determine the points you earn throughout the match! You can follow live your players' performance on the Live Ticker.
- Depending on your players' actions during the game, your team will incur positive or negative actions.
- To get a full overview of all actions that are generating points, just check out our Scoring System
7. follow the ranking and win the tournament!
- You can access a tournament's ranking by going to the Ranking section.
- The ranking is determined by the total amount of points you get from submitting a lineup in the tournament's matches.